About New Engen:
You know when you’re scrolling through your social media feed and come across an eye-catching ad? There’s a good chance it was one of ours! New Engen is an integrated marketing agency using always-on, cross channel marketing experimentation to drive business results for our brands – big and small. Our mission is to Elevate Marketing Teams – so why not start with our own? With minimal funding to date, New Engen has 3 offices nationwide, however, we are currently operating with over 150 virtual “at-home” offices. Want to be a part of the marketing evolution? Join our team.
We are focused on helping our partners achieve massive scale of new customer value across all digital marketing platforms. We are results driven, committed, iterative and transparent. Our teams of expert Marketers, Creative Designers and Analysts help tackle some of the most complex digital marketing challenges.
At New Engen we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, equity and inclusion.
If you’re a team player that loves to roll up your sleeves on a wide variety of HR work and are passionate about building, growing and retaining a diverse workforce, we hope you’ll join us! We are a fast-paced, fast-growing marketing agency in need of support across all aspects of our people function.
As the people business partner, you will build strong relationships with team members at all levels of agency teams. Your work will span the entire employee lifecycle including recruitment support, onboarding, development, performance, engagement and more. You will collaborate closely with other members of the people team and managers throughout the agency to deliver an outstanding career experience for our dedicated and talented workforce.
- Shapes and executes on people initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle, including recruitment support, onboarding, offboarding, career/leadership development, compensation and benefits, culture-building efforts and diversity, equity and inclusion programs.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to people managers and supports the overall performance management process.
- Communicates people initiatives and serves as a liaison between agency teams and the people team. Proactively maintains an open line of communication with managers and employees on HR service-related issues.
- Facilitates change efforts through thoughtful and strategic implementation, in partnership with people team and leadership.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and guidance.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues in partnership with business leadership.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with external counsel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of HR generalist experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner or equivalent.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) credential preferred.
- Experience with DEI programs is a plus.
- Experience supporting professional services client groups is a plus.
- Proven consulting root-cause analysis skills to diagnose and problem solve people-related challenges.
- Knowledge of performance management, employment law, change management and compensation and benefits.
- Ability to influence leaders and facilitate stakeholder discussions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to adapt style for audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and customer service mindset
- Ability to adapt and flex with changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
New Engen is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with offices in New York, NY and Charlotte, NC. This position is located in our Seattle HQ.