About New Engen
Creative execution is a key factor in the success of our marketing efforts and the clients we support. Our ability to test iterations of copy, images, and design concepts drives the insights and optimization needed to make a winning marketing campaign.
New Engen is seeking an innovative writer to join our top-notch copy team. Reporting to the Lead Copywriter, you’ll bring clients’ brand voices to life across digital direct-marketing channels.
In this role, you must be able to write authentically for a major client who has a playful, compelling voice and a focus on telling Black stories and celebrating Black culture.
You’ll be successful here if:
- You’re a team player with a strong desire to learn and a spirit of curiosity
- You’re inspired by the powerful role of words and messaging in marketing performance
- You balance a “get things done” attitude with a high bar for creative quality
- You’re eager to let data inform your work
- Write and edit compelling copy for a diverse range of clients
- Assist with creative reviews and help develop content strategy
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and other internal and client stakeholders to develop cohesive, thumb-stopping ads, landing pages, and other content
- Keep up to date on digital copy best practices
- Iterate quickly when needed, based on performance data and creative ideas
- Seek to understand the “why” behind marketing results and take an active part in exploring how messaging and creative can be elevated and optimized
- Help emerging brands develop and refine their voices and messaging
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 0-2 years of professional copywriting experience
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- Passion for finding creative solutions to marketing challenges
- Patience hearing and learning endless marketing and analytics acronyms
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience writing ad copy for Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Nextdoor, Zillow, Snapchat, search, and/or other digital direct-marketing ad channels
- Ability to brainstorm and iterate quickly
- Ability to adhere to independent brand standards and write appropriately within established guidelines
- Experience collaborating with designers, marketers, and other internal and client stakeholders
Please attach copy examples or a portfolio with your application.
New Engen is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with offices in New York, NY, and Charlotte, NC. For this role, candidates in our Charlotte, New York, and Seattle offices are preferred but we will consider remote as well.